Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data. With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need. These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our distributed Product Design Team. As a technical writer, you’ll work on the Product team and work closely with product managers and engineers to produce high-quality, user-friendly documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. You’ll create technical documentation that helps guide, onboard, and ease the learning curve for new and established customers. You’ll join a talented team of writers, designers, and researchers who collaboratively work together to make our products easier to use. You’ll also help craft the process of how content is created, delivered, and shared in the Lucid product ecosystem.
To excel at content creation, you’ll be expected to understand our various audiences, including software engineers, participate in the product planning and design process, and to advocate for the user in every word, phrase, and instruction written. You’ll be a self-starter and will work independently to learn new features and functionality and become an expert on Lucid’s platform. You’ll be a true user advocate and an all-powerful wielder of the written word.
This role is open to candidates living in the United States to work remotely or from one of our US-based office locations (New Orleans, Dallas, New York)
The ideal candidate for this role will have 1-3+ years of hands-on professional Technical Writing experience
- Research, outline, write, and review content for technical documentation to help Lucid customers and partners with successful integrations and to meet their business goals.
- Independently gather information from product managers, engineers, and other subject matter experts when developing, organizing, and maintaining technical documentation.
- Work closely with UX writers to ensure alignment on Lucid brand voice and style throughout all documentation.
- Collaborate with other writers, designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and additional stakeholders to ensure that customer needs are being met within our documentation.
- Work closely with customers, partners, customer success and professional services teams to identify gaps and documentation needs, along with solutions.
- Create processes and manage tools for publishing and hosting documentation for the Lucid Support Site and Developer Portal.
- Help to create, maintain, and evolve content guidelines for Lucid’s documentation.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Lucid’s Support Site and Developer Portal.
- A portfolio of samples that demonstrate your skills and effectiveness as a technical writer.
- A clear and friendly writing style and a strong attention to detail.
- Great communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Experience creating documentation for technical, digital products and/or software.
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understood.
- Proficient with APIs, API documentation tools, and various programming languages.
- Experience writing and working with a CMS or other technical content management systems.
- Experience researching new and better ways to communicate to our users, whether that’s auditing new tools, finding better methods of connecting to our users, or something totally new!
- The ability to strategically prioritize multiple projects. You’ll have plenty to do — know where your efforts will have the most impact.
Additional Nice to Have
- Technical familiarity with the following: digital marketplaces, supply and demand, utilizing big data, and other related areas.
- A willingness to pitch ideas to cross-functional stakeholders and an understanding of when it makes sense to push back.
- An appetite for problem solving in a quickly-changing landscape.
- Demonstrated experience increasing product adoption through documentation and content strategy.
Lucid’s Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.