As one of the top five fastest growing companies in Orlando, OneRail’s need for best-in-class team members also continues to expand. We are excited to be adding a Technical Writer career opportunity. This role will join our Technical Operations Team in our Orlando, Florida headquarters and report to the SVP, Engineering. The Position may be eligible to telecommute from a remote workspace. However, preference/priority will always be given to candidates who express the ability to work on site at OneRail HQ in Orlando, FL (ZIP code 32819).
The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating and designing technical documents such as manuals, reports, brochures, or articles.
The ideal candidate is an excellent writer. Able to convey technical concepts in simple, clear instructions with detailed images such as charts or diagrams. Must be intimately familiar with the product features and functionalities.
High Level Responsibilities:
- Document – Create documentation, guidelines, and instructions for the technical program or software. Understand the audience intended for the material and the requirements of the project.
- Collaborate and review – Collaborate with team members such as software or hardware engineers to understand any specific process needed. Work with graphic designers to create illustrations, graphs, visual aids or charts to assist the user in understanding the product. Receive feedback on documents and make changes as needed or suggested by other users.
What You’ll Do
- Responsibilities split with 80% of the time on creating business and client-facing product documentation and 20% on process documentation
- Create client-ready template documents to be used for client engagements
- Work closely with the Integration team to understand the information needs of your primary audience, new and current clients
- Embed with the product team to understand the products and the impact of planned launches on new and current client configuration
- Develop and maintain client-facing product guides, data file descriptions, marketing plans, and release documentation content and status in support of product releases
- Define and maintain a documentation repository that enables search, reference, and reuse
- Ensure the scalability of the deliverable creation process
- Apply OneRail style to business and client communications to ensure all communications (e.g., forms, user, and training guides, etc.) are both professional and consistent with corporate identity; contribute to the evolution of OneRail style
- Help develop, articulate, and communicate overall goals and deliverables
What You’ll Need
- Quickly absorb business and technical requirements and translate them to well-articulated documentation
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations/data requires investigation of multiple factors
- Lead development of clean client-facing documentation templates
- Work on several documents simultaneously while negotiating reasonable delivery timelines with SMEs and balancing a variety of moving pieces
- Quickly turnaround documentation from templates
- Work across internal and external teams to synthesize needs and capture them in relevant documents
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in technical writing, preferably in a start-up environment
OneRail is a technology company innovating solutions for multi-modal delivery. We have built and continue to develop a delivery orchestration platform that connects shippers to an extensive courier ecosystem to automate, optimize and control the entire delivery supply chain, from the demand signal to the proof of delivery. Your thought leadership and development skills are critical to our success. Our approach to product development is very collaborative. We seek high performing developers who enjoy participating in business discussions.
OneRail is an innovative technology startup located in Orlando, Florida. We are a delivery orchestration platform that provides multi-modal delivery automation, optimization, and real-time visibility for enterprise clients, all in one place. OneRail connects shippers to an extensive courier ecosystem to enable same day, parcel, LTL, next day, scheduled, and economy delivery selected through automation and rate shopping across all modes.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Comprehensive voluntary benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- 4% 401K Match
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Team Building Events
- Flexible PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen of snacks and coffee
- In-office gym access
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.