At Nearpod, we believe teaching is the most important job in the world. Every day, we reach students through our learning platforms on Nearpod.com and Flocabulary.com. We have diverse backgrounds, but a shared goal of putting teachers and students first in everything that we do. We have won numerous awards including EdTech Digest’s 2018 Company of the Year. Recently, we were acquired by Renaissance to support the shared mission of accelerating learning for all. We’re looking for people with a lot of hustle, a lot of empathy, and a desire to do something meaningful. We’ve adopted a remote-first culture, and our diverse team is based across the US.
Nearpod is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking a Temporary Curriculum Coordinator to join the content team. You will be primarily responsible for reviewing, editing, and reformatting existing lesson materials to support new content initiatives. You may also be responsible for writing new lesson materials for Nearpod and Flocabulary content.
Our ideal candidate:
- Detail-oriented and values high-quality work; trusted as the “final set of eyes” on a project
- Able to tackle repetitive tasks without losing attention to detail
- A strong writer and editor with a clear sense of what makes quality educational content
- Trusted for follow-through, efficiency, and adherence to deadlines
- Interest in pedagogy, standards, and instructional design
- Interest in the unique needs of K-12 students, teachers, and administrators and passion about ed-tech solutions and Nearpod’s content and product
- Support content projects by reviewing, editing, and reformatting existing lesson materials with an eye for factual accuracy, style, and consistency.
- Identify gaps in lesson content and write new material to fill those gaps; content includes quiz questions, reading passages, vocabulary definitions, etc.
- Occasionally research and write new lesson content including video scripts and/or complementary lesson materials.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience writing or editing content
- Experience researching and fact-checking
- Experience writing or working with deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills (Copyediting experience is a bonus)
- A love of learning and a growth mindset
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.