Call of Duty, Mobile
We’re looking for someone to support in-game comms, editorial content and other consumer engagement initiatives. In order to be successful, you will need to be a strong writer who love games, can’t live without them, won’t stop talking about them and wants to spend your days surrounded by other people who are just as fanatical as you are. Please note, this is a temporary role; 3-6 month contract. Here’s what we need:
• Write editorial content to support in-game events and other engagement initiatives.
• Create content to guide players through our games.
• Develop content and write copy primarily for email, digital and in-game communications. You may also be asked to contribute to social, interaction flows, educational pieces and anything else that has to do with words.
• Work with the established Creative team to enrich our content offering with a strong desire to meet and exceed team goals.
• Research, create and curate educational content for Call of Duty players of varying interest and skill levels.
• Write and edit copy to fulfill a variety of needs, including but not limited to: UI copy, web, email, educational, product details and features, in-game messages, and interaction flows.
• Work in concert with marketing analysts and other internal teams on content performance to continuously improve content quality, targeting and conversion.
• Always be looking for content ideas – snippets from conversations, quotes from players, concepts from meetings, community chatter, outer space, etc.
• Work with the internal teams to understand our offerings, support product launches and marketing campaigns
• Collaborate with design partners to influence page layout, interactions and visual design.
- 2+ years of industry experience writing marketing/advertising copy, ideally for video/mobile games in the digital or social space.
- 2+ years content marketing – content creation, storytelling, content/channel optimization, and measuring/metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or related field is nice, but not required.
- Creative agency experience? That’s a plus
- Experience multiple projects, each with multiple stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams.
- Strong background and interest in gaming, ideally Call of Duty.
- Strong background and knowledge of copy development in multiple aspects of digital media including social media, web banner campaigns, email marketing, online advertising and web site content
- Basic understanding of landing pages, digital marketing and advertising
- Self-starter with a passion for games
- To be considered please provide a link to your portfolio. Your creative should showcase a broad understanding of the digital media landscape, leading trends and how you connect with your audience.
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.