Here’s some interesting food for thought: My first paid blogging gig wasn’t for a blog network. It was for a major cable women’s network and I was paid $500 for 200 words a week. That’s $500 for 800 words a month. Nowadays, of course, most blog networks are struggling.
I’ll be doing a series at Network Blogging Tips on whether or not one can really earn a living as a blogger for hire, but in the mean time I’m always interested in your thoughts and experiences. Do you blog for a living? If so is it for a network or individual – and is the pay enough that the ends justify the means?
What many brand new bloggers don’t realize is that blogging requires a lot more than typing up the required amount of words. It also involves promotion, community management and more. So if you’re paid $1 per blog post, are you doing $1 worth of work?
Just something to think about.
Keep those success stories coming! And since it’s the first of the month and the mortgage is due, and since I was under the weather for much of last week, here is a nice long list of Sunday leads.
- Of Greetings and Eco Stuff
- Freelance PR Writer – Herndon VA
- Press Release Writer – Carlsbad
- Restaurant Reviewer – St. Louis
- Freelance Travel Writers
- Freelance Editorial Manager – NYC – $65K
- Freelance Resume Writer
- Writers for Celebrity Interest Magazine
- FlyHub is Looking for Travel Bloggers – $10 per post
- Real Estate Loft Blogger – $250/month [Read more…]