I recently came across a collection of stats as they pertain to social media and blogging. I found it to be a powerful collection of information to have. Especially while reflecting on old blog posts and considering future topics, social media goals and methods in which I can increase my traffic.
With this kind of knowledge you can customize a long-term agenda that will fit in line with some of the current trends.
When it comes to blogging and social media – now is not the time to get left behind.
- Social networking usage among seniors 65 and older grew 100% from 13% to 26%, and is expected to continue to increase (Pew Research Center)
- Twitter.com had 96 million unique visitors last month up 76% from the same period last year. The #1 spot being held by Facebook with 598 million unique visitors from the same period last year, up 54% from last year (comScore)
- 29% of Twitter users 18-24 years old use Twitter to follow their favorite companies
- 60% of web users visit social networks (PC Advisor)
- Two thirds of comScore’s U.S. Top 100 websites and half of comScore’s Global Top 100 websites have integrated with Facebook.
- The average Facebook user is connected to 60 pages, groups and events (Facebook press office)
- Twitter gets more than 300,000 new users every day (Twitter)
- There are more than 600 million searches on Twitter every day (Twitter)
- Over half of YouTube’s users are 20 years old (YouTube press center)
- 77% of internet users read blogs (Technorati)
I hope you find these stats to be as inspiring and thought provoking for you as they have been for me.