How’s your Christmas gift list coming along?
Depending on how you approach holiday gift shopping, it’s either too early or a tad late, but if you’re on the hunt for something for your writer friends, I’ve got you covered.
This gift guide for Christmas offers practical yet fun gifts that the recipient will appreciate. Forget the knick-knacks that will gather dust. Or stocking stuffers that scream “I forgot to get you a gift early on, so I had to grab whatever I could!”
I’ve picked these gifts for writers simply because I know you’ll want them – I know I do! Oh, and they’re so good you can give them all year round.
Gifts for writers
1. Ninja Writing: The Four Levels Of Writing Mastery
This course from Udemy will be your best friend if you want to improve your writing – and what writer wouldn’t want to do that?
A best-selling course, Ninja Writing has had 30,000+ students so far, and has the following goals:
- Discover how to create spellbinding writing
- Learn the secrets of editors on top newspapers and websites
- Tap into the power of the four levels: narrative, paragraphs, sentences, and words
- Transform yourself into a masterful writer in days
- Make your writing stand out from peers and competitors
- Discover how to make blogs, marketing copy, and general business writing sparkle
Usually priced at $109.99, it’s on sale at $13.99 for the next THREE days. Don’t wait – get it now!
2. Flexjobs Membership
We can’t have a gift guide for writers without including a job search platform, and you know that when it comes to that, Flexjobs is our number one choice. Not only are you assured of safe and high-quality jobs, but you also get other perks like:
- Special partner offers (discounts from other service providers)
- Skills testing (so you can improve your profile and increase your chances of landing gigs)
- Job tips
- New jobs added daily
They also have flexible pricing options – monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
Here’s what makes it an even better Christmas gift: you can get up to 30% off on a membership if you use code FWJPROMO. Let’s break that down.
- ONE-MONTH membership: pay $10.45 instead of $14.95 (30% off)
- THREE-MONTH membership: pay $23.95 instead of $29.95 (20% 0ff)
- YEARLY membership: pay $44.95 instead of $49.95 (10% off)
Get your friend (or yourself!) a Flexjobs membership and make job hunting an easier task.
3. Retreats for Writers
Combing two of the greatest pleasures in life: writing and traveling.
There are a lot of retreats geared toward writers, and you’ll definitely find one that meets your needs and preferences. There’s the Northern California Writers’ Retreat, which will run on March 29 – April 2, 2023 (Hidden Valley, an Institute for the Arts in Carmel Valley, California). It costs $2,697 per person.
- 6-Day Ego Break Writer’s Retreat on Hatteras Island, NC (March 23-28, 2023)
- 7-Day Creative Writing and Pilates Retreat in Italy (May and September 2023)
- Cruising Writers Retreat, Departs from Galveston, TX and stops in Mexica, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica (April 1-8, 2023)
4. Audible Subscription
I love books – especially the paper kind – but audiobooks are just as fun and more convenient, especially when my eyes hurt. When pressed for time, audiobooks are perfect. Why not give an Audible subscription for Christmas? The first 30 days are free, and it’s $7.95 per month after that.
5. AP Stylebook
The ultimate gift for a writer? It’s a no-brainer.
If you want to go old-school, get a print copy for $34.95. If you want the online version (which is updated more often), pricing starts at $29.
Sidenote: Can you believe the AP Stylebook is now in its 56th Edition?
6. Browsing History T-shirt
Need I say more? Get it for $23.
7. Typewriter Keychain
Keychains may not be the most creative of gifts, but this one is gift-worthy, don’t you think? Not only does it hold your keys, but it may also actually inspire you to come, see, and write.
8. The Parentheses Mug
Repeat after me: You can never have too many mugs. Never.
All right, now give your snarky words a hug.
9. WE ALL BECOME STORIES MARGARET ATWOOD QUOTE LEATHER JOURNAL
Aside from mugs, notebooks and journals are staples in a writer’s life. And these leather journal is just *chef’s kiss*
Get this (and more) here.
10. Writer Emergency Pack
Braindead? Got a deadline – or two – looming? The Writer Emergency Pack to the rescue!
This pack may very well save a writer’s life. Worth the $15.99, for sure. Get it here.
11. Typewriter Coaster Set
We do have a thing for typewriters, don’t we?
But how can you resist this coaster set? Each coaster has a distressed (no, it’s not in trouble) metallic finish and a non-slip rubber base. The set costs $18.95.
12. Alice Adventures in Wonderland Scented Book Candle
A nice book. A glass of wine. Scented candles.
The ingredients of a perfect evening. And what better scented candle to have by your side than this one?
Leave a Reply